Workers Compensation Attorneys in Festus, MO
Call the Festus, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Festus, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now if you have any questions about our Festus, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Festus workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being hurt at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers two-thirds of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Festus workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Festus workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Festus, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Festus Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Festus workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you justify your Festus workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Festus, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Festus workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Festus
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Festus, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Festus as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Festus Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Festus workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Festus after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Festus, MO, fight to win.