Workers Compensation Attorneys in Florissant, MO
Call the Florissant, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Florissant, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Florissant, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Florissant workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Getting injured at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to get in touch with Florissant workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Florissant workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Florissant, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Florissant Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Florissant workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you win your Florissant workers compensation claim.
- Call A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Florissant, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Florissant workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Florissant
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Florissant, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Florissant as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Florissant Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Florissant workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Florissant after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Florissant, MO, fight to win.