Workers Compensation Attorneys in Gray Summit, MO
Call the Gray Summit, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Gray Summit, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today to learn more about our Gray Summit, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Gray Summit workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Getting hurt on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Gray Summit workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Gray Summit workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Gray Summit, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Gray Summit Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Gray Summit workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you make your Gray Summit workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Gray Summit, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Gray Summit workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Gray Summit
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In Gray Summit, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Gray Summit as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Gray Summit Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Gray Summit workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Gray Summit as quickly as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Gray Summit, MO, fight to win.