Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hannibal, MO
Call the Hannibal, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hannibal, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Hannibal, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Hannibal workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Getting hurt at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to reach out to Hannibal workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Hannibal workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Hannibal, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Hannibal Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Hannibal workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Hannibal workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Hannibal, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Hannibal workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Hannibal
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Hannibal, MO, you should get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Hannibal as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Hannibal Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Hannibal workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Hannibal directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hannibal, MO, fight to win.