Workers Compensation Attorneys in Harrisburg, MO
Contact the Harrisburg, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Harrisburg, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now if you have any questions about our Harrisburg, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Harrisburg workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Getting hurt at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to contact Harrisburg workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Harrisburg workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Harrisburg, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Harrisburg Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Harrisburg workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you justify your Harrisburg workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Harrisburg, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Harrisburg workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Harrisburg
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their life. In Harrisburg, MO, you’ll receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Harrisburg as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Harrisburg Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Harrisburg workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Harrisburg after an accident. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Harrisburg, MO, fight to win.