Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hermann, MO
Contact the Hermann, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hermann, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now if you have any questions about our Hermann, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Hermann workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting hurt on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to get in touch with Hermann workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Hermann workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Hermann, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Hermann Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Hermann workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that are hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you make your Hermann workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Hermann, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Hermann workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Hermann
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In Hermann, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Hermann as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Hermann Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Hermann workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Hermann directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hermann, MO, fight to win.