Workers Compensation Attorneys in High Hill, MO
Contact the High Hill, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in High Hill, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our High Hill, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The High Hill workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being injured on the job may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with High Hill workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between High Hill workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in High Hill, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What High Hill Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting High Hill workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you justify your High Hill workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your High Hill, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The High Hill workers compensation attorneys at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in High Hill
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In High Hill, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in High Hill as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your High Hill Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The High Hill workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in High Hill as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in High Hill, MO, fight to win.