Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hillsboro, MO
Call the Hillsboro, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hillsboro, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today to learn more about our Hillsboro, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Hillsboro workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Being injured at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Hillsboro workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Hillsboro workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Hillsboro, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Hillsboro Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Hillsboro workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are hurt at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you make your Hillsboro workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Hillsboro, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Hillsboro workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Hillsboro
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In Hillsboro, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Hillsboro as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Hillsboro Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Hillsboro workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Hillsboro directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Hillsboro, MO, fight to win.