Workers Compensation Attorneys in Jefferson City, MO
Contact the Jefferson City, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Jefferson City, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Jefferson City, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Jefferson City workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting hurt on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to Jefferson City workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Jefferson City workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Jefferson City, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Jefferson City Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Jefferson City workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you make your Jefferson City workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Jefferson City, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Jefferson City workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Jefferson City
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Jefferson City, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Jefferson City as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Jefferson City Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Jefferson City workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Jefferson City directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Jefferson City, MO, fight to win.