Workers Compensation Attorneys in Kirkwood, MO
Call the Kirkwood, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Kirkwood, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our Kirkwood, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Kirkwood workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Being injured on the job may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to contact Kirkwood workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Kirkwood workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Kirkwood Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Kirkwood workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you make your Kirkwood workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Kirkwood, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Kirkwood workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Kirkwood
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In Kirkwood, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Kirkwood as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Kirkwood Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Kirkwood workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Kirkwood as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, fight to win.