Workers Compensation Attorneys in Lebanon, MO
Call the Lebanon, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Lebanon, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now if you have any questions about our Lebanon, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Lebanon workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being injured at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Lebanon workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Lebanon workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Lebanon, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Lebanon Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Lebanon workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who were injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you win your Lebanon workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Lebanon, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Lebanon workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Lebanon
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In Lebanon, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Lebanon as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Lebanon Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Lebanon workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Lebanon after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Lebanon, MO, fight to win.