Workers Compensation Attorneys in Linn, MO
Contact the Linn, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Linn, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our Linn, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Linn workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Getting injured on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Linn workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Linn workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Linn, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Linn Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Linn workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Linn workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Linn, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Linn workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Linn
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Linn, MO, you should get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Linn as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Linn Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Linn workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Linn directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Linn, MO, fight to win.