Workers Compensation Attorneys in Matson, MO
Call the Matson, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Matson, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Matson, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Matson workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being injured at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to reach out to Matson workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Matson workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Matson, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Matson Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Matson workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Matson workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Matson, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Matson workers compensation lawyers at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Matson
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Matson, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Matson as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Matson Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Matson workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Matson directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Matson, MO, fight to win.