Workers Compensation Attorneys in Mehlville, MO
Call the Mehlville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Mehlville, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Mehlville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Mehlville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting injured at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Mehlville workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Mehlville workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Mehlville, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Mehlville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Mehlville workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you make your Mehlville workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Mehlville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Mehlville workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Mehlville
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Mehlville, MO, you should be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Mehlville as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Mehlville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Mehlville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Mehlville directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Mehlville, MO, fight to win.