Workers Compensation Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO
Call the Morse Hill, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now if you have any questions about our Morse Hill, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Morse Hill workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace accident. Getting injured on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Morse Hill workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Morse Hill workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Morse Hill, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Morse Hill Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Morse Hill workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Morse Hill workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Morse Hill, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Morse Hill workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Morse Hill
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their employment. In Morse Hill, MO, you’ll receive two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Morse Hill as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Morse Hill Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Morse Hill workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Morse Hill as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO, fight to win.