Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Florence, MO
Call the New Florence, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Florence, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today to learn more about our New Florence, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The New Florence workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being hurt at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact New Florence workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between New Florence workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in New Florence, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What New Florence Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting New Florence workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your New Florence workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your New Florence, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The New Florence workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in New Florence
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their employment. In New Florence, MO, you’ll receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in New Florence as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your New Florence Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The New Florence workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in New Florence as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Florence, MO, fight to win.