Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Haven, MO
Call the New Haven, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Haven, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our New Haven, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The New Haven workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Getting hurt at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact New Haven workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between New Haven workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in New Haven, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What New Haven Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting New Haven workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that are hurt at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your New Haven workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your New Haven, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The New Haven workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in New Haven
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their employment. In New Haven, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in New Haven as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your New Haven Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The New Haven workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in New Haven directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Haven, MO, fight to win.