Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Melle, MO
Contact the New Melle, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Melle, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our New Melle, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The New Melle workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Being hurt on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to New Melle workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between New Melle workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in New Melle, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What New Melle Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting New Melle workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you make your New Melle workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your New Melle, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The New Melle workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in New Melle
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In New Melle, MO, you should receive two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in New Melle as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your New Melle Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The New Melle workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in New Melle as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in New Melle, MO, fight to win.