Workers Compensation Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO
Call the O’Fallon, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our O’Fallon, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The O’Fallon workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Being injured at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to get in touch with O’Fallon workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between O’Fallon workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What O’Fallon Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting O’Fallon workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you win your O’Fallon workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your O’Fallon, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The O’Fallon workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in O’Fallon
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In O’Fallon, MO, you will get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in O’Fallon as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your O’Fallon Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The O’Fallon workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in O’Fallon directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, fight to win.