Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pacific, MO
Contact the Pacific, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pacific, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Pacific, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Pacific workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Getting hurt on the job can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Pacific workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Pacific workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Pacific, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Pacific Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Pacific workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Pacific workers compensation claim.
- Call A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Pacific, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Pacific workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Pacific
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their employment. In Pacific, MO, you will get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Pacific as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Pacific Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Pacific workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Pacific as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pacific, MO, fight to win.