Workers Compensation Attorneys in Perryville, MO
Call the Perryville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Perryville, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now if you have any questions about our Perryville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Perryville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Being injured on the job can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Perryville workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Perryville workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Perryville, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Perryville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Perryville workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you justify your Perryville workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Perryville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Perryville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Perryville
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Perryville, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Perryville as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Perryville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Perryville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Perryville as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Perryville, MO, fight to win.