Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pevely, MO
Call the Pevely, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pevely, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our Pevely, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Pevely workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Being injured at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Pevely workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Pevely workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Pevely, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Pevely Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Pevely workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who are hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you make your Pevely workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Pevely, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Pevely workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Pevely
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Pevely, MO, you should be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Pevely as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Pevely Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Pevely workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Pevely directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Pevely, MO, fight to win.