Workers Compensation Attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO
Call the Spanish Lake, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our Spanish Lake, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Spanish Lake workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Being hurt at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Spanish Lake workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Spanish Lake workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Spanish Lake Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Spanish Lake workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Spanish Lake workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Spanish Lake, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Spanish Lake workers compensation attorneys at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Spanish Lake
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Spanish Lake, MO, you should be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Spanish Lake as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Spanish Lake Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Spanish Lake workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Spanish Lake as quickly as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO, fight to win.