Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Ann, MO
Call the St. Ann, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Ann, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our St. Ann, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The St. Ann workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Being hurt on the job may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact St. Ann workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between St. Ann workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in St. Ann, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What St. Ann Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting St. Ann workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you make your St. Ann workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your St. Ann, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The St. Ann workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in St. Ann
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In St. Ann, MO, you should get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in St. Ann as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your St. Ann Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The St. Ann workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in St. Ann after an accident. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Ann, MO, fight to win.