Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Clair, MO
Contact the St. Clair, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Clair, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now if you have any questions about our St. Clair, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The St. Clair workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Getting injured on the job can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with St. Clair workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between St. Clair workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in St. Clair, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What St. Clair Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting St. Clair workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future injuries. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you justify your St. Clair workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your St. Clair, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The St. Clair workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in St. Clair
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In St. Clair, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in St. Clair as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your St. Clair Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The St. Clair workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in St. Clair after an accident. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in St. Clair, MO, fight to win.