Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Call the Ste. Genevieve, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Ste. Genevieve, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Ste. Genevieve workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being hurt at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Ste. Genevieve workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Ste. Genevieve workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Ste. Genevieve Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Ste. Genevieve workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you win your Ste. Genevieve workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Ste. Genevieve, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Ste. Genevieve workers compensation attorneys at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Ste. Genevieve
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In Ste. Genevieve, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Ste. Genevieve as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Ste. Genevieve Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Ste. Genevieve workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Ste. Genevieve as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO, fight to win.