Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sullivan, MO
Contact the Sullivan, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sullivan, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Sullivan, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Sullivan workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Getting hurt on the job may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Sullivan workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between Sullivan workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Sullivan, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Sullivan Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Sullivan workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you justify your Sullivan workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Sullivan, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Sullivan workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Sullivan
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their career. In Sullivan, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Sullivan as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Sullivan Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Sullivan workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Sullivan as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sullivan, MO, fight to win.