Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sunset Hills, MO
Contact the Sunset Hills, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sunset Hills, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today if you have any questions about our Sunset Hills, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Sunset Hills workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Getting injured on the job may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Sunset Hills workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Sunset Hills workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Sunset Hills, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Sunset Hills Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Sunset Hills workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you make your Sunset Hills workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Sunset Hills, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Sunset Hills workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Sunset Hills
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their employment. In Sunset Hills, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Sunset Hills as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Sunset Hills Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Sunset Hills workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Sunset Hills directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Sunset Hills, MO, fight to win.