Workers Compensation Attorneys in Union, MO
Contact the Union, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Union, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Union, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Union workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Getting hurt on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to reach out to Union workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between Union workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Union, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Union Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Union workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you win your Union workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Union, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Union workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Union
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Union, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Union as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Union Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Union workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Union directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Union, MO, fight to win.