Workers Compensation Attorneys in Valley Park, MO
Contact the Valley Park, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Valley Park, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Valley Park, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Valley Park workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being injured at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Valley Park workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Valley Park workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Valley Park, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Valley Park Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Valley Park workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you justify your Valley Park workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Valley Park, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Valley Park workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Valley Park
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Valley Park, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Valley Park as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Valley Park Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Valley Park workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Valley Park as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Valley Park, MO, fight to win.