Workers Compensation Attorneys in Vandalia, MO
Call the Vandalia, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Vandalia, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our Vandalia, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Vandalia workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Being injured at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to reach out to Vandalia workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Vandalia workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Vandalia, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Vandalia Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Vandalia workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you justify your Vandalia workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Vandalia, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Vandalia workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Vandalia
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Vandalia, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Vandalia as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Vandalia Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Vandalia workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Vandalia after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Vandalia, MO, fight to win.