Workers Compensation Attorneys in Versailles, MO
Contact the Versailles, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Versailles, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our Versailles, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Versailles workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Being hurt on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to reach out to Versailles workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Versailles workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Versailles, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Versailles Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Versailles workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who were injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you make your Versailles workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Versailles, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Versailles workers compensation lawyers at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Versailles
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In Versailles, MO, you should be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Versailles as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Versailles Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Versailles workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Versailles as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Versailles, MO, fight to win.