Workers Compensation Attorneys in Villa Ridge, MO
Call the Villa Ridge, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Villa Ridge, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today to learn more about our Villa Ridge, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Villa Ridge workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting hurt at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Villa Ridge workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Villa Ridge workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Villa Ridge, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Villa Ridge Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Villa Ridge workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you justify your Villa Ridge workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Villa Ridge, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Villa Ridge workers compensation lawyers at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Villa Ridge
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In Villa Ridge, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Villa Ridge as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Villa Ridge Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Villa Ridge workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Villa Ridge directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Villa Ridge, MO, fight to win.