Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wardsville, MO
Call the Wardsville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wardsville, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Wardsville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Wardsville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace accident. Being hurt on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Wardsville workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Wardsville workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Wardsville, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Wardsville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Wardsville workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your Wardsville workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Wardsville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Wardsville workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Wardsville
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In Wardsville, MO, you should get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Wardsville as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Wardsville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Wardsville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Wardsville as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wardsville, MO, fight to win.