Workers Compensation Attorneys in Warrenton, MO
Call the Warrenton, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Warrenton, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Warrenton, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Warrenton workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Getting injured at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Warrenton workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Warrenton workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Warrenton, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Warrenton Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Warrenton workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Warrenton workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Warrenton, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Warrenton workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Warrenton
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In Warrenton, MO, you should receive two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Warrenton as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your Warrenton Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Warrenton workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Warrenton as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Warrenton, MO, fight to win.