Workers Compensation Attorneys in Webster Groves, MO
Call the Webster Groves, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Webster Groves, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Webster Groves, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Webster Groves workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting injured on the job can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to get in touch with Webster Groves workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- A big difference between Webster Groves workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Webster Groves, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Webster Groves Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Webster Groves workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your Webster Groves workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Webster Groves, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Webster Groves workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Webster Groves
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Webster Groves, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Webster Groves as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Webster Groves Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Webster Groves workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Webster Groves directly after an accident. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Webster Groves, MO, fight to win.