Workers Compensation Attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO
Call the Weldon Spring, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Weldon Spring, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Weldon Spring workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Getting injured at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to contact Weldon Spring workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between Weldon Spring workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Weldon Spring Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Weldon Spring workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you justify your Weldon Spring workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Weldon Spring, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Weldon Spring workers compensation lawyers at Dixon are here to help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Weldon Spring
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In Weldon Spring, MO, you will get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Weldon Spring as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your Weldon Spring Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Weldon Spring workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Weldon Spring after an accident. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO, fight to win.