Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wellsville, MO
Contact the Wellsville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wellsville, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site incidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today if you have any questions about our Wellsville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Wellsville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Getting hurt at work can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Wellsville workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Wellsville workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Wellsville, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Wellsville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Wellsville workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future injuries. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you make your Wellsville workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Wellsville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Wellsville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can contact us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Wellsville
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their employment. In Wellsville, MO, you should get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Wellsville as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Wellsville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Wellsville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Wellsville as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wellsville, MO, fight to win.