Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wentzville, MO
Call the Wentzville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wentzville, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Wentzville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Wentzville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting injured on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Wentzville workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Wentzville workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Wentzville, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Wentzville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Wentzville workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Wentzville workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Wentzville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Wentzville workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Wentzville
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In Wentzville, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Wentzville as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Wentzville Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Wentzville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Wentzville as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wentzville, MO, fight to win.