Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wildwood, MO
Call the Wildwood, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wildwood, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today to learn more about our Wildwood, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Wildwood workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being injured at work may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Wildwood workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Wildwood workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Wildwood, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Wildwood Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Wildwood workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you justify your Wildwood workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Wildwood, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Wildwood workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Wildwood
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Wildwood, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Wildwood as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Wildwood Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Wildwood workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Wildwood as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wildwood, MO, fight to win.