Wrongful Death Attorneys in Carlyle, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Carlyle, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Carlyle, IL. Our firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s crucial for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an incident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for a case review.
There are lots of types of reimbursement you can get for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 40,000 auto-related deaths every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors typically include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death cases are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it’s important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. Our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35,000,000 in settlements. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Carlyle, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Carlyle, IL
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. Regarding economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Carlyle, IL, right away for support and legal representation.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims in the Carlyle area. These include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it is our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Carlyle, IL, Today
A lot goes into every case, and as Carlyle, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Carlyle, IL, wrongful death lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.