Wrongful Death Attorneys in Central West End, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Central West End, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Central West End, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s essential for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Central West End, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for a case review.
There are lots of types of reimbursement you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are over 40,000 auto-related deaths every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Central West End, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Central West End, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical wrongful death is particularly difficult. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Central West End, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Central West End, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Central West End, MO
Most states allow survivors to claim both economic and non-economic damages in a wrongful death claim. In regard to economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Central West End, MO, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Central West End, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims in the Central West End area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Central West End, MO, Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and as Central West End, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Central West End, MO, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.