Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottleville, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Cottleville, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottleville, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s important for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed compensation after an incident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers now for a case review.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are approximately 40,000 auto-related deaths every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors typically include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it’s important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases our firm has managed in the past:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35,000,000 in settlements. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Cottleville, MO
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. Regarding economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Cottleville, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal representation for victims in the Cottleville area. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottleville, MO, Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and as Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers now for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.