Wrongful Death Attorneys in Eureka, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Eureka, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Eureka, MO. Our firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s important for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed compensation after an accident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for a case review.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 40,000 vehicle-related fatalities each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Unintentional injuries (falls, mostly), poisoning, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice are the top causes of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it’s important to our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases our firm has managed in the past:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35 Million in case victories. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Eureka, MO
Most states allow survivors to claim both economic and non-economic damages in a wrongful death claim. In regard to economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Eureka, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal counsel for victims in the Eureka area. These include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it’s our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Eureka, MO, Today
A lot goes into every claim, and as Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.