Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL. Our firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s crucial for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you’re owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for a consultation.
There are lots of types of reimbursement you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 40,000 auto-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors usually include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death claims can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it’s important to our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35 Million in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Fairview Heights, IL
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. Regarding economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Fairview Heights, IL, right away for legal counsel and support.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal representation for victims in the Fairview Heights area. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and as Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.