Wrongful Death Attorneys in Florissant, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Florissant, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Florissant, MO. Our firm offers legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s essential for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an incident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Florissant, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for more information.
There are lots of types of compensation you can get for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are approximately 40,000 auto-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Florissant, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death cases are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it’s important for our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Florissant, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35 Million in settlements. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical wrongful death is particularly challenging. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Florissant, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Florissant, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Florissant, MO
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. Regarding economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Florissant, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Florissant, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims in the Florissant area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it is our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Florissant, MO, Now
A lot goes into every claim, and as Florissant, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Florissant, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.