Wrongful Death Attorneys in Gasconade County, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Gasconade County, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Gasconade County, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s crucial for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an incident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for a consultation.
There are lots of types of compensation you can get for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 40,000 vehicle-related fatalities every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Unintentional injuries (falls, mostly), poisoning, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice are the top causes of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it is important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly challenging. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our experience with these cases.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Gasconade County, MO
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. Regarding economic damages, the rule-of-thumb is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Gasconade County, MO, right away for legal counsel and support.
We offer a range of legal representation for clients in the Gasconade County area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Gasconade County, MO, Today
A lot goes into every claim, and as Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.