Wrongful Death Attorneys in Green County, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Green County, IL, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Green County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s important for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed compensation after an accident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Green County, IL, wrongful death lawyers today for a case review.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are over 40,000 vehicle-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Green County, IL, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors typically include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death claims can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it’s important for our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. Our Green County, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Green County, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Green County, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our experience with these cases.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Green County, IL
Most states allow survivors to claim both economic and non-economic damages in a wrongful death claim. Regarding economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Green County, IL, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Green County, IL, right away for legal counsel and support.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims in the Green County area. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Green County, IL, Now
A lot goes into every claim, and as Green County, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Green County, IL, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.