Wrongful Death Attorneys in House Springs, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in House Springs, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in House Springs, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s crucial for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you’re owed reimbursement after an accident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our House Springs, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for more information.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are over 40,000 auto-related fatalities every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our House Springs, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death cases can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. Our House Springs, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35 Million in settlements. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our House Springs, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the House Springs, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our experience with these cases.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in House Springs, MO
Most states allow survivors to claim both economic and non-economic damages in a wrongful death claim. Regarding economic damages, the rule-of-thumb is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our House Springs, MO, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in House Springs, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal representation for victims in the House Springs area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it is our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in House Springs, MO, Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and as House Springs, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our House Springs, MO, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.