Wrongful Death Attorneys in Jefferson County, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Jefferson County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Jefferson County, MO. Our firm offers legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s essential for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you’re owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death lawyers now for a consultation.
There are lots of types of reimbursement you can get for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are approximately 40,000 auto-related fatalities every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors typically include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death cases can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it’s important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical wrongful death is particularly challenging. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Jefferson County, MO
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. Regarding economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Jefferson County, MO, right away for legal counsel and support.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims in the Jefferson County area. These include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it’s our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Jefferson County, MO, Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and as Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Jefferson County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.